Friday, December 02, 2005

Prayer for a Decade of Non-Violence

I bow to the sacred in all creation.

May my spirit fill the World with beauty and wonder.

May my mind seek truth with humility and openness.

May my heart forgive without limit.

May my love for friend, enemy and outcast be without measure.

May my needs be few and my living simple.

May my actions bear witness to the suffering of others.

May my hands never harm a living being.

May my steps stay on the journey of justice.

May my tongue speak for those who are poor without fear of the powerful.

May my prayers rise with patient discontent until no child is hungry.

May my life’s work be a passion for peace and nonviolence.

May my soul rejoice in the present moment.

May my imagination overcome death and despair with new possibility.

And may I risk reputation, comfort and security to bring this hope to the children.


Mary Lou Kownacki, OSB
Published by Pax Christi USA, 2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home